Saturday, October 04, 2008

My helpers are gone :(



My parents are so much help when they're here. Bless their hearts, I kept talking them into staying longer. They had been here for two-and-a-half weeks, though, and needed to get back to their lives in Alabama. Daddy has to ref soccer, work hours on the visitors' list and move chairs. Mom has to teach tomorrow, go to the jail tomorrow and drive to Nashville Monday for her aunt's funeral. PLUS they miss their OTHER new granddaughter.


There is no way to thank them appropriately for everything they do--taking the children to school and picking them up every day, driving back and forth to the hospital, getting Starbucks for me every morning on the way home from school, keeping up with the laundry, taking Reagan to baseball practice, sitting in the Florida September heat for Tyler and Reagan's baseball games, going to Taylor's volleyball games, fixing our smoke detectors and falling shelves and clothes hang-ups and garage car stoppers and stopped-up sinks and recessed light canisters, keeping up with the laundry, ironing, decorating for Halloween, letting me nap, stitching up holes in school uniform pants, helping with homework non-stop, cleaning the kitchen, helping with dinner, keeping up with the laundry, climbing on ladders to dust the things on the high shelves, teaching Reagan all sbout baseball, washing and vacuuming out my car, changing diapers (they didn't hate that part), hanging prints, taking pictures, etc. Did I mention keeping up with the laundry?


I will miss them terribly but I'm so thankful they have such full lives at home.
On another sad note, my big girl shaved her legs tonight for the first time and my little girl already weighs 9 lbs, 4 oz. WHERE IS THE TIME GOING???

1 comment:

Gena said...

thank you for sharing your awesome parents with us in AL!

I can't wait to hold her. She's gorgeous Amy. You did good. Love you.