Monday, August 21, 2006

Reading material

Okay, so the three of you who read my blog have heard me mention my favorite books. Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge, Beth Moore's Believing God, The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers, Max Lucado's It's Not About Me, Francine Rivers' 10 novellas, some John Rosemond, anything James Dobson (especially Bringing Up Boys), and of course Les Mis and This Present Darkness. I'm finishing the fourth in a wonderful series by Bodie and Brock Thoene.

I need some suggestions. I love Christian fiction and Christian historical fiction but I also love the deeper studies like Beth Moore. I don't have a lot of time for reading but like to have someone on-hand for the times I do have a minute. Let me know...

4 comments:

Meredith said...

For someone who claims to not have a lot of time for reading, you sure do have TONS of reading suggestions for all of us!! Have you heard of the Mitford Series? It is SO good. I don't know if it would be considered Christian fiction, but it is about a preacher in a small town. It is really great. I think there are probably 10 books in the series. She just released the final book last year. I just started it. I was putting it off because I didn't want the series to end! BTW, I agree with you about Sam... I think he is a GORGEOUS baby! ;o)

Amy F said...

Yep - read the Mitford Series, too. LOL They ARE good. :) I like the light, easy reading. Karen Kingsbury is a great one, too. You MUST read Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion series, though.

Gina said...

Amy, can I tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog over the past few months? Sorry I've been lurking, but I feel like we are so close now!! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I love This Present Darkness too - it changed how I view the world we live in. Did you ever read Jane Eyre in high school? It is a gem, not Christian fiction, but excellent anyway. And what about A Song I Knew by Heart by Bret Lott? My favorite.
Love you-Gi

jan@theviewfromher said...

okay, I know I'm like a month behind commenting on this post, but I hope you still get notification. Since you mentioned Francine Rivers, I thought you might like to know they are currently making one of her novels, "The Last Sin Eater," into a full-length movie. I posted about it at theviewfromher.com.

I love to read, so thanks for the recommendations!