Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Worth the wait!

Well, she's here!
She's beautiful (of course we think so), super-good so far and chunky with a bit of light brown hair.
I had an unfairly easy delivery (felt three contractions--GOD BLESS THE MAN WHO INVENTED EPIDURALS--and pushed three times) and feel great today.
She is the picture of health (How can ANYONE doubt God's power, much less existence?!!), weighing in at 8 lbs, 11.5 oz. She is 19.5" inches long and was born at 6:39 PM last night, after only about 5 hours at the hospital. :)
More details later but here is a picture for now.
Thank you all so very much for your faithful prayers and for feeling sorry for me a little bit. lol

7 comments:

Kristi said...

CONGRATULATIONS...SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!

Jenny said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S GORGEOUS!!! I'm so glad you had such an easy time, and that you are both doing well. I can't wait to get my hands on the little thing...I hope I get to before she's walking and talking and going to the potty :-).

Call when things settle down. LOVE YOU!

Life with the Poores said...

She is so wonderfully beautiful! Congratulations to you Scott and the kiddos! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I love you and praise God for your little girl!

Gina said...

What a precious little chunk of baby love!! Congratulations!!!

McKinney Madness said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes!!

Melodie S. said...

She is a doll; absolutely precious! Congratulations! And yes, I agree. A new baby is such a miraculous blessing. How can anyone doubt?

Kassie said...

Beautiful!