Monday, November 27, 2006

#4



I know it's a month away but...IT'S ONLY A MONTH AWAY.
No, not Christmas. For some reason, I'm really NOT in the spirit this year.
REAGAN'S FOURTH BIRTHDAY.
FOUR!
A month from tomorrow.
I'm not ready. I swear I was in labor just a few days ago.
Please tell me I'm not the only psycho mom out there who's going to cry that day because he doesn't need "pappies" anymore and because he didn't want a "baby" birthday party. He wanted all of Tyler's friends to come play football with him. And because he doesn't want to wear longalls and jon-jons and saddle oxfords anymore. And because he calls me "Mom" most of the time, instead of Mommy. And because he doesn't say "yight" [light] and "yeft" [left]and "heh-yo"[hello] anymore.
It's just that it's going by so fast. Granted, some days don't go by fast enough (those days when T&T say Reagan's being "a trial and a tribulation to the whole valley" LOL) but overall, it's going by way too fast.
T&T were younger than Reagan is now when I became Mommy. Now they're NINE-AND-A-HALF! She lost her lisp ("pep-thee" [Pepsi] and "THEE what happenth!" [see what happens!]) He doesn't say ele-phan-unt or "arial" cookies [Oreo] anymore. What happened?! I didn't enjoy them enough and now it's gone.
It's going by with another one now, too.

I guess we'll just do what T&T suggest: quit having fun. They say, "If time flies when you're having fun, let's just not have any fun."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome post! it does go by too fast (then some days not fast enough) but how quickly we forget the cute way they say and do things. i had a dream last night i was pregnant again but i had to be in a wheelchair. perfect. i was too old i guess...?

love and miss you.

Will and Melodie said...

Sweet post! It's hard to believe he will be four years old. They are growing up quickly. Just looking back at my wedding pictures, it's hard for me to believe that the twins were that small when I first knew them. I'm so glad to be a part of it though. As sad as it is, I do look forward to them growing up as much as I have the past few years. Hey, by the way, see you in 11 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Well...I'm right there with ya! About 9 days before Reagan turns 4, Brady turns 3. I cannot believe it. I'm still adjusting to the fact that Macy is in kindergarten (and my parents just came to Grandparents Day!!!). What a blessing our children are to us...I just wish they wouldn't grow up so fast!