Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Answered Prayer

I think it's important to share answered prayers when they are so obvious.

Sunday was a hard day. Our small group study on Sunday nights, though, was about "honest expression" and truly opening up to God. That night, I truly poured out my heart to God and got "raw" as our leader said, maybe for the first time truly INTENDING to do that. My main prayer was for peace and joy in the circumstances.

I realized when I went to bed last night and wrote in my prayer journal that I had a better day yesterday than I can remember in a long time, despite the fact that my people are somewhat shutting me out right now (emotionally and otherwise). I realized I had been unusually peppy on Monday and that the word JOY was written really big in my journal from the day before.

Bear in mind this is NOT a pat on my back as much as it is NOT a blog for sympathy. Only a blog to share God's blessings and showcase his glory. (Remember that blog awhile back with my face under the covers?!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am proud of you. That took courage. You did what the new testament tells us to do, and that's what is important. I love reading all the blogs. I feel like we are all sharing in this spiritual awakening, and despite all the miles and other things that separate each of us, the Holy Spirit knows no boundaries. I love you.
-g
BTW, my "vila & stewart" are headed this way now - I am frantically bleaching the carpet in baby barf covered clothes - I hope I can change before they get here!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Amy! I also need to be praying more fervently for joy and peace. Too many times for me they are contingent upon other things in life...IF this or IF that, then I'll be joyful or peaceful. You said it though-joy and peace in our circumstances NOW. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Gena said...

joy...i have recently learned being determined to have it brings it on.

thanks for sharing. you know you are in my morning prayers every day. love you.