Monday, July 03, 2006

This is work

Okay, so until I get used to this, it seems like this takes work. Why am I sitting here TRYING to think of something to say? The Tylenol PM is kicking in and I feel like I'm sitting on a slant. And of all people...ME? I can't think of anything to say? I have to make sure, though, that you have all read a few Francine Rivers books. Easy reads. Nothing too deep. Just wonderful, heart-warming and inspiring. Read The Mark of the Lion series (A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure as the Dawn). MUST READS. Also, I'm into Karen Kingsbury right now. She's NOT deep and she's not as good as Francine but great at reminding me to listen for the voice of God in everything. Another deeper MUST READ is CAPTIVATING by Stasi and John Eldredge (I hope you've read his Wild at Heart.) and I'm on my second time through. Gena - make sure you've read it. I love to read and missed out when I was finishing up my grad work last year so I'm catching up.

Tomorrow's plan...write my thoughts about Frank's sermon on Sunday. I needed it...

7 comments:

Gena said...

anxious to hear your thoughts on Franks sermon- i was wiggling and missed it all.

i love Francine Rivers- i need to read her new books and i have started "Captivating"- it reminds me of "Do You Think I am BeautifuL?" by Angela Thomas. All about God and Him being all we need. great books.

we need to do lunch ummm...sometime! My week's crazy but maybe we can fit some time in- Thursday? LMK

Meredith said...

I'm also anxious to hear your thoughts on Franks sermon. It was powerful and something that touched a lot of people. I'm like you about this blogging... sometimes it does seems like I'm having to think too hard! :o) I would like to read those books... right now, I'm just having trouble reading! It just seems like by the time I get around to having the time, I'm too tired! At least now you've given me some ideas of what to read!

Anonymous said...

AMY!!!!!!! Welcome to the the wonderful world of blogging! I'm so excited. First of all, I love Francine Rivers. I've actually only read one of her books-Redeeming Love. Surely you've read it??? Also, I'm reading Wild at Heart now and Captivating is in my room waiting to be next! Yea-this is such a great way for us all to keep in touch and be aware of what's going on in each others' lives!

Amy B.

Amy F said...

Gena - the one day I'm going to Athens is Thursday. Lunch w/friends and Bunko that night. Any other day is fine, though. I'm here until at least Wed of next week...

Amy F said...

Amy - I loved Redeeming Love but the Mark of the Lion ones are even better! :)

Amy F said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gena said...

i found it! no worries, i think i know what's wrong-