Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Falling Apart


I read a fantastic article today. It's long so I won't share the whole thing but it was FOR MY EYES. Hopefully, you'll benefit, too. Think about something you've worked so hard for or toward, something little like cleaning out your closet or something big like sustaining your marriage. Then, the rod in the closet collapses and your week's work is lost or Satan causes doubt and resentment sets in and your marriage is collapsing...

"[It is] about trust, about letting life's situations work me until they build muscles and strength I never knew I had. This [is] about dealing with disappointment. When things fall apart I don't have to fall apart with them. [THAT'S WHAT'S SO HARD FOR ME!] That is the mystery of peace--it remains the same no matter what comes or doesn't come. So, after I finish this article I have to go and pick up the pieces, literally, the pants, coats, shirts, sweaters, and suits. I have to work out something that works, and let God work in me the ability to let things fall apart so that I can see him that much more clearly."

WOW! WOW! WOW! All-powerful, unchangeable, indescribable.

No comments: