Monday, July 24, 2006

Confessions from the heart

God is showing me some awesome (albeit terrifying) things. The last several months (years even) have been tough for my family and me. I have recently realized (and am still trying to admit fully) that I have made it much harder by my allowing Satan into my head and heart. No matter how people disappoint me and let me down, it is ultimately MY choice to dialogue and catalog in my mind until my heart is so full of resentment and anger that any restoration of relationships seems impossible. I agree with a statement in my new favorite book Captivating. "Our Enemy despises relationship." I truly believe that my marriage, my family, my relationships, even my joy have been under attack and I have failed miserably. I find I cannot forgive, cannot let go of past hurts by myself. And then yesterday, God led me to Exodus 14:14. "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." So, that's what I'm doing. I'm being still and knowing. I'm praying for restoration and forgiveness (for me and from me) but most of all that my marriage and relationships will showcase God's glory.

3 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

You've got the right attitude, Amy! I love you and I'm praying for you!

Meredith said...

That is something that is hard for everyone. Thanks for sharing. That scripture is awesome!! Love you!!

Gena said...

amazing verse. i think i will be still too. you lift me. God always uses you- just keep being still while He does.
And i don't me "you" as just anyone, i mean YOU, amyf! thanks for sharing your convictions. love you.